Friday, 30 July 2010

Reinstituting Slavery In America - by Bob Livingston

July 30, 2010 by Bob Livingston

I suppose you thought the idea of American slavery ended in 1865. A United States Congressman wants to reinstate it.

Ethically-challenged Congressman Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y) last week introduced in the Armed Services Committee H.R. 5741, also known as the National Service Act. The bill would require two-years of mandatory government service—either in the military or some as-yet undefined civilian service that promotes national or homeland security—to everyone between the ages of 18 and 42 if the President declares a national emergency.

No choice. No way out. You’ve got to do it if the President declares a national emergency.

Rangel, who opposes the excursions in Afghanistan and Iraq because he believes blacks and the poor are doing the majority of the fighting and dying, has long sought to institute a draft. In the past he has stated, in effect, that by instituting a draft Americans would be less likely to support wars.

That may be. But forced labor at the point of a gun is no different from what blacks suffered under the hands of slave masters for most of a couple of hundred years in America.

It doesn’t matter if it’s the Federal government or a plantation owner, forced labor is slavery. Giving it a fancy name doesn’t change that.

And one other thing: with growing disenchantment over the fascist bent of the current administration and its assault on the rule of law, this country is likely to soon see a popular uprising. That would be the perfect excuse for the President to make his emergency declaration.

And if you’re thinking that you might resist the “draft” remember, President Barack Obama fancies himself as another Lincoln. Well, just look at what Lincoln did during the draft riots in New York.

He ordered five regiments of troops fresh from the battlefield at Gettysburg to quell the riots. The troops shot somewhere between 300 and 1,000 civilians.

3 comments:

  1. Hi rugfish,

    I would like to know your thoughts on this: http://blogs.cjb.net/JH/213458/

    I was shocked to discover that this is going on when the NHS is on its knees and cancer sufferers are being denied vital treatment because of lack of finance due to the burdon that the 'enrichers' have placed upon it.

    Keep up the good work mate, I look at your blog everyday. John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a discussion with the missus about this when she read it to me John. Of course no one in their right mind could possibly agree with it, and I immediately said this is why I now refuse to pay taxes. I point blank refuse to pay any VAT on any service to the home for instance and I manage on a small income since I retired following the crash in 2007. This along with all else taxpayers pay for without any say in the matter has completely put me off opening a business or taking employment as I see no point to struggling my entire life to have bastards in parliament take it from me just when I need it most.

    Call me an economic renegade but I cannot hand on heart take part in our society when shit like this (and a whole lot more) is going on and when I have no say in whether to stop it.

    Basically, I see it as evil and that's the best way I can describe it. Thus we buy no domestic items, won't trade the car up, make do and mend, and eat what we make ourselves like baking and cooking, none of the packet stuff.

    I am not in my country anymore John because this place is no longer England. That's how I feel mate.

    And thanks for checking the blog, I check yours too. I always have since I found it bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for getting back to me so soon bro, I feel exactly the same as you, I have been told many timesw that I am over qualified, I hold a HNC in Electronic Engineering, I was a company director, then I set myself up as a sole trader.

    Yes I used to play by their f**ked up rules, now because of my age they seem to think that I should apply for jobs that involve shelf stacking at Tesco's.

    Well they can get stuffed.

    If you want to hear some straight talk from an Aussie ex military guy listen to this: http://blogs.cjb.net/JH/213459/

    Make it soon though because I think the Audio Hosting Provider will take it down once they know what its about. I enjoyed it and I hope you and your lovelly wife Kaz will to.

    Regards John

    ReplyDelete